Plans & Coverage
Hart & Iliff…
…is proud to present our service plans. Our goal in developing these plans is to offer our customers the most effective, comprehensive and worry-free coverage available. Please carefully review the service plan insert to decide which plan is right for you.
Service, Quality and Commitment
At Hart & Iliff, when we say your comfort is our business, we mean it. For over 120 years we have been committed to providing our customers with a comfortable environment and peace of mind through quality products and services. In everything we do, we try to be problem preventers rather than just problem solvers. Here’s what we mean:
- We perform your annual tuneup, then test and adjust your unit with the most advanced computerized equipment available to achieve maximum efficiency, saving you 10% or more off your annual heating bills.
- Our service vans carry thousands of dollars worth of replacement parts to ensure that we can fix most problems when we get to your home. This avoids unnecessary callbacks and saves you valuable time.
- Our service technicians are fully certified. They continually attend training classes to keep up with the latest heating and cooling technology. When our technicians answer your call, they’re prepared to solve even the most complicated problems.
- Our exclusive Ultrablend Heating Oil contains detergents, stabilizers, dispersants, inhibitors and an EPA approved microbiocide. In addition to burning cleaner, more efficiently and more economically, Ultrablend helps prevent problems.
- Our homeowners environmental protection plan takes the worry out of oil tank or fuel system leaks with $100,000 of environmental cleanup coverage, plus tank replacement coverage.
Our Plans & Coverage
Comfort Plan – $304.95
The Comfort Plan covers many of the things that are likely to go wrong with your system and includes an annual tuneup to increase your system's longevity and performance. Repair or replacement of any of the following parts due to normal wear and tear will be at no cost. An after hours flat rate charge of $49 applies to covered calls after 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and for all calls on weekends or holidays.
Burner Replacement Parts
Fuel Supply Parts
Warm Air Systems
Presidential Comprehensive Plan – $389.95
The Presidential Comprehensive Plan includes everything in the Comfort Plan plus the significant addition of the following major parts and services. An after hours flat rate charge of $49 applies to covered calls after 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and for all calls on weekends or holidays.
Separate Oil-Fired Hot Water Heater Coverage – $194.95
- Coverage includes an annual tuneup, all burner parts, aquastat, controls and emergency switch.
*This plan is available only if taken in conjunction with a Comfort or Presidential Plan. The same flat rate after hours charge applies.
- We reserve the right to charge more for commercial systems or systems with more than 5 heating zones.
- Annual tune-up will be performed once during the Service Agreement term during regular working hours as scheduled by the customer with our service department. The annual tune-up includes:
- Test and adjust oil burner for maximum efficiency.
- Install new oil filter cartridge and burner nozzle.
- Clean and check electrodes and nozzle assembly.
- Oil all motors on burner, fans and circulators.
- Safety check all operating controls.
- Clean heating unit and flue pipe including chimney base (where accessible) as necessary.
- Inspect combustion chamber.
- Only the repair or replacement of existing listed parts is covered.
- All equipment must be inspected and in good working order prior to approval for coverage. Pre-existing problems, at the inception of the contract, are not covered.
- Exclusions: This agreement does not cover:
- Failure of customer to correct a condition which can adversely affect the operation of the heating system.
- Lack of oil when delivery has been delayed due to delinquency in payments, when driveways and fill pipes are not clear of snow and ice or when customer is not on automatic delivery.
- Failure of customer to maintain proper boiler water level, flush low water cut-off or change air filters on a regular basis.
- The corrosive effects of anti-freeze in the system.
- Failure of customer to keep hot water coils, exchangers or storage tanks free of lime or other deposits.
- Breakers or switches in the “off" position or setting thermostat too low to call for heat.
- Oil tanks, piping, oil lines or accumulation of water or sludge in oil tanks.
- Frozen or clogged oil lines or heating pipes.
- Piping and wiring not related to the heating system.
- Chimney, side wall venter and draft-related problems.
- This agreement does not cover repair or replacement of defective, cracked or leaking boilers, furnaces, hot water storage tanks, heat exchangers, electronic system controllers, hot water coils, coil gaskets, hydronic coil units, anode rods, unexposed, inaccessible or buried pipes or wires, asbestos removal or obsolete parts which are not available through regular sources.
- This agreement is void if all fuel oil requirements are not purchased from Hart & Iliff on an automatic delivery basis.
- This agreement covers mechanical failures only and does not cover acts of God, fire damage, flooding, water damage, conditions unrelated to the heating system, power failures, use of generators, blown fuses or circuit breakers, brown outs, dead batteries or customer negligence.
- There shall be no liability on the part of Hart & Iliff for work done by anyone else, unless such person is authorized in writing by Hart & Iliff to perform such work or furnish parts.
- This agreement is one year. If your account is current, it will automatically renew unless equipment is obsolete or we are notified of cancellation in writing 30 days prior. All contracts must be paid within 30 days or they are subject to cancellation.
- Consequential and collateral damages, property damage or damages caused by delay in rendering service under the contract or if building is unoccupied are specifically not covered by this agreement.
Hart & Iliff provides dependable, prompt emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Emergency service constitutes: no heat during cold weather, serious fuel or water leaks, visible smoke or dangerous situations.
All other regular service will be performed during normal working hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.